It’s tough enough making a living as an independent artist, isn’t it?
It’s so hard to constantly be pitching journalists and working social media to build your fan base, and get your music & band’s story heard by as many interested people as possible.
You create music you love, and you want to share it with tons of other people that will love it too.
You really can get your 1000 True Fans (and then some), like Kevin Kelly describes in his famous blog post. And, to get there you’ve got to get the word out about your music.
This is easier said than done! I hear you…
You’d rather be playing music than writing about it, and bugging journalists to write about you. I know…it feels weird because it’s uncomfortable to ask people you don’t know to do you favors.
You have too much going on to deal with this, and there certainly isn’t time to worry about it.
And yet, getting great press coast to coast is essential to your band getting the attention it deserves…and needs in order to thrive as a business.
Isn’t it time you hired a professional publicist to take all this work off your shoulders, so that you can focus 100% on making music you love?
That way, your albums get reviewed without you having to ask & send MP3s. You get interviews set up in advance of a concert in a big city where you want to impress. Festival bookers hear about you well ahead of making their final schedules. And, fans voluntarily share your music on social media.
How cool would that be!?
Funkish Music Publicity Service
I want to help you succeed by doing the tedious PR work for you.
I write this Funkish blog because I love the music I write about. I’m very passionate about eclectic funky music from around the world, and I enjoy sharing it & turning other people on to marvelous music. I really want the bands I love to thrive.
If you are one of the bands or record labels I routinely write about here, or play similar music, I can help you. I’m the perfect publicist for you because I already love your music, believe in you, and write nice things about you 🙂
Here’s what I can do for you…
- Create a stunning Electronic Press Kit (EPK) that makes you look awesome, and makes it easy for journalists, radio stations, etc. to want to tell everyone about you.
- Conduct an in-depth interview with you to post on YouTube, send to the press, and add to EPK.
- Write a new, expanded, bio for you that makes you seem irresistible.
- I’ll ask you lots of questions to get out of you the ideal stories that people find irresistible, and journalists love to write.
- Create the perfect angles for record reviews, interviews, etc.
- Get your detailed bio into Wikipedia, AllMusic, etc. so it gets onto the most trafficked music sites.
- Write your liner notes.
- Make sure all this digital marketing content is accessible online & people actually find it.
- Continue to compile your best photos, videos, interviews, reviews etc. and make them look good on the internet and easy for fans to find.
- Write your social media profiles, and post new content to your accounts that fans want to share.
- Write & manage your FaceBook advertising.
- Craft compelling press releases that articulate your unique story and get music journalists with big followings to pick up on it.
- Make sure the local weeklies write about your shows & get the information they need well ahead of your arrival to town.
- Survey your fans on social media.
- Get you podcast interviews.
- Schedule you on niche YouTube shows, local TV, etc.
- Be creative with the stories I pitch to journalists, for example get you into travel, business, and lifestyle publications, in addition to music ones.
- Highlight your special events, charity activity, anything that makes you look wonderful, etc.
- Use my copywriting, e-commerce & digital marketing experience to sell your merchandise online.
- Try to get your music into TV shows, movies, and commercials.
- Write an email newsletter for you that tells your stories from the road, announces concerts, shares music you love from other bands, and sells your merch.
- Pitch your band to talent buyers in advance of your tour, as well as make the pitch for you to municipal gigs (festivals put on by city governments) coast to coast.
- …and more…when we discuss your unique needs.
Why hire me?
Because, my “day job” is freelance, direct response copywriter. I research businesses in niches I believe I can help, pitch my services to the companies, and they hire me. Then, I pitch their products & services to get them clients.
I love writing words that sell. I’m good at it.
And, I’d rather use my talents & skills to help the bands I love to succeed in the music business. My heart is more in helping you than selling normal, everyday products & services.
Publicist & copywriter are very similar jobs. When you hire me…I’ll be selling how awesome you are and making other people believe & feel what I already feel about your music.
In addition, because I’ve been writing the Funkish blog, I’ve already identified who the other journalists are that write about this kind of music. I know who the fans are, what they like, and how to get their attention. I’ll be able to reach these people in a focused way for you.
I’m only going to take on a few bands. I’ll only work with groups that I’m a fan of. I want to be sure I communicate passionately & sincerely about your music.
I’ll work my ass for you…and I guarantee results!
Are you ready to discuss hiring me as your publicist and remove the burden of constantly promoting yourself, so you can focus on what you most want to do — make music you love?
Then please fill out this form and let’s get started…